|How to do factory reset of FortiGate Firewall from CLI Commands
Factory Reset of device is a process to restore the device in default status of device . The factory reset is used to restore the device to its original manufacturer settings. It is recommended that you should use the operation options when you have required to reset the device.
To reset the Fortigate Firewall from CLI Command The steps can be follow
Steps for CLI:-
To Reboot the FortiGate firewall device from CLI, Follow the below steps :-
1) Take the access of device on CLI
2) Login the switch with username and password.
2) Eecute the command "execute factoryreset" . It will pop up the option for continue (y/n). Enter y
FortiGate-fw # execute factoryreset
This operation will reset the system to factory default!
Do you want to continue? (y/n)
3) Enter y to continue. The system will restart.
Do you want to continue? (y/n) y
4) After the restart . The device would be restore in default mode