|How to do the initial Configuration of Juniper SRX-Series Device
Juniper SRX-Series is next-Generation Firewall which is designed to provide high-speed, highly effective security services and features. Juniper SRX Series delivers security, routing, and networking capabilities in single box solutions.
This article will provide to configure the initial configuration steps of Juniper SRX JUNOS devices.
To configure the the initial configuration steps of Juniper SRX JUNOS devices , Please follow the below steps :-
1) Connect the SRX-Device with console port with the system/laptop. The setting for the laptop port setting would be as
Bits per second : 9600
Data bits : 8
Parity : None
Stop bits : 1
2) Power ON the device . Once the device would be successfully power ON . It would prompt the login option .
3) The default username for the Juniper JUNOS devices are "root" which doesn't required any password for initial login. So, Enter the username "root" and Enter. (Note: User Name is Case Sensitive).
--- JUNOS 12.1X47-D20.7 built 2015-03-03 21:53:50 UTC
4) Once you login the device with root username , Then it will prompt the your device version and username with shell promt (root@% or root@#) . Once you are in shell prompt then after .Go to operational mode with command "cli" . It will go to Operational mode (where we can use the command for monitoring purpose of device)
5) For enter to configuration mode from operational mode . Enter the command "configure or edit" . It will go to configure mode(root#) where we can do the configuration of device.
Entering configuration mode
6) In the configuration mode , We can configure the hostname with command "set system host-name HOSTNAME"and enter.
root# set system host-name SRX-1
7) Configure the root password for the device with command . Enter the New Password and again prompt Retype New password and then enter
root# set system root-authentication plain-text-password
Retype new password:
8) Configure the Management Interface (OOB) port and IP Address on that port .
root# set interfaces fxp0 unit 0 family inet address 172.16.0.1/24
9) SAVE/COMMIT the configuration with command "commit".
10) Configure the traffic Interface and zone in that interface as per below scenario in Juniper SRX Device.
11) Configure the interface and ip address on that interface
root# set interfaces ge-0/0/1 unit 0 family inet address 10.10.10.1/24
root# set interfaces ge-0/0/2 unit 0 family inet address 10.10.20.1/24
12) Configure the zone (Untrust and Trust Zone) on Device .
root# set security zones security-zone Untrust
root# set security zones security-zone trust
13) Configure to allow System Services on assigned interface in zone (i.e. For example We are allowing the SSH ,HTTP, HTTPS Services on trust zone interface). or we an allow all services as well on that interface as per requirements.
root# set security zones security-zone trust interfaces ge-0/0/2 host-inbound-traffic system-services ssh
root# set security zones security-zone trust interfaces ge-0/0/2 host-inbound-traffic system-services http
root# set security zones security-zone trust interfaces ge-0/0/2 host-inbound-traffic system-services https
13) Configure the default route towards the untrust zone /Public Internet side.
root# set routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 10.10.10.2
13) Save the configurations.