PuTTY is a free and open-source terminal emulator, serial console and network file transfer application. It supports several network protocols, including SCP, SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw socket connection. It can also connect to a serial port. The name “PuTTY” has no official meaning.
Process to Log File of a session in Putty are as :
- Double click the PuTTY icon to launch the application
- Click Logging
- Click All session output
- Leave Putty.log as the log file name
- Then click Browse to choose the save location
- Choose Specific Location to save file.
- Then click Save
- Ensure ‘Ask the user every time‘ is selected… then click Open to begin your session
- Type your username, then push <Enter>
- Now type Exit, then push <Enter> to close PuTTY
- We can see that a log file has been saved to the desktop or specified location.
- Now let’s open the log file… double click on file saved in specific location <File Name>