Sometimes We need to setup a specific static route in window . To add the static IP Route use one of the following steps:-
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and open the command Promt as Administrator
- Type "route print", and then press ENTER to view the routing table.
- suppose you have to provide the route to specific subnet of 10.50.8.0/21 where your lan gateway is 10.50.32.1 .
- Enter the command "route ADD 10.50.8.0 MASK 255.255.248.0 10.50.32.1" and then press ENTER . It would reflect OK! after Enter.
C:\Windows\system32> route ADD 10.50.8.0 MASK 255.255.248.0 10.50.32.1
- Type route print to verify that the new default route appears in the routing table.
- Close the command prompt.